The World according to yaya

Sunday, July 24, 2005

London Calling

I am returning to visit the UK (yet again) in September this year. I love these visits. It is very hard to have family and close friends so far away and not to be able to speak face to face or give them a hug whenever the need arises.

My Aunts are both in their 70's and I love them so much. They are not typical old ladies. Aunty Viking has just joined a gym and lives half her time in London with her new boyfriend and the other half getting tanned and terrific in her wonderful villa on the Costa del Sol.

My Aunty CaCa is one of my closest friends. There isn't much I can't (or don't) tell her and I enjoy every single moment in her company. People tell me that I look like her and I can only hope to grow to be like her because she is an amazing person. I can't wait to see her again.

I have lived between England and Australia since I was a little girl, and I guess from these trips came my extreme need for traveling. As I mentioned I am going back in September. It will be my 8th visit and definitely not my last.

I have never worried about the risks of traveling and I don't intend to now. I have had a few people ask me if I am worried about going to London after the terrorist attacks and I can honestly say no. Big M asked me tonight to please just be careful. How? I questioned him. There is no rule to follow, no way I can avoid a terrorist attack.

And I tell you now - if I have to chose between spending time with my Aunts and friends or risking the chance of dieing in a terrorist attack, then I know what I will chose. London is calling.
Hello London.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:34 AM, Blogger Yasmin Shiraz said…

    Yasmin-
    It's so nice to read your blog also. I read your comment on my blog. I totally agree with Yasmin's of the world unite-ing. I've met some incredible Yasmin's over the years. I checked out your blog. Go on with your bad self. You love traveling so don't allow anyone to stop you from living your life to the fullest!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home