The World according to yaya

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Never enough

It has been a long time. Every time I felt inspired to write, I would read a few of my favourite sites and then feel I had nothing to share. There is only so much you can write about grief. And I didn't want to appear morbid. Or constantly sad. Or in need of copious amounts of pity. Because I'm not and I don't want to be and I...just....don't. Want to feel like all of the above. And so I didn't write because compared to my favourite blogs, my life is - well, it just is.

I did do the walk in honor of my Mum and I walked for 8 1/2 hours and I raised $2500 for Kahlilla. And I'm glad I did it, not just because I helped little Kahlilla but because it gave me time alone to think of Mum. And it was nice. Mothers Day wasn't that bad after all.

My art group had our stall and it was a laugh. We still meet every month and our numbers seem to be growing. Some knit, some sew, some paint, some bead and some glue. It's really an excuse to craft and gossip and drink copious amounts of champagne. Some of the art/craft produced has been fantastic and so we are not going to stray from our original formula! If any of you are ever in Melbourne and want join our soiree, you are more than welcome.

My Birthday was wonderful and the 80's outfits were so funny - I was so chuffed that all my friends went to so much trouble and got soooo into the 80's theme. Lot's of drinking (my friends created a cocktail called a "Spazzy Yazzy" which tasted like fizzy cordial), dancing, gossiping and game playing (I will never be able to drink Galliano again!) I felt really loved. If any of you are reading this, thank you hoochie mama's - yes, you know who, fruit tart.

And life is life. I am still working extraordinary hours and I still want to be healthy (said as I am making my way through a Toblerone!) and I still have all my nagging what ifs and I am still trying work out my dreams.

And I still think about my Mum. But it's just never enough.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yaya, the world wouldn't be as nice a place if it wasn't for people like you. Don't change, you are unique and you are beautiful. Thankyou for helping little Kahlilla with your walk for your mum. She is wonderful, just like you. Jude (Lilla's nan)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home