The World according to yaya

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Everything's gonna be alright

It is not all bad. Life never is.

There is always something to help put the sunshine back in your life. My something is Chicken Little (Cluck for short).

Chicken Little is my neice, my goddaughter and (after Big M) the love of my life. I don't have children of my own but I feel she is as much my own as my left foot. She came into this world September 2004 and has enriched every single day of my life since. I work for my sister-in-law and brother-in-law at there beautiful home. This gives me the oppurtunity to see Cluck at least 4 times a week (sometimes more). Cluck has 3 older brothers who I also think are the bees-knees but from the moment Big M's sister told me she ws going to have another baby, I felt a connection with the little being in Lulu's tummy!

She greets you with the most wondorous smile and giggle and her hugs and kisses are divine. Sometimes, I will be over the other side of the house and I yell out "Where's YaYa's kiss?" And I hear her thumping crawl and then see her gorgeous smile as she races to climb up my legs and give me a slobbery (and sometimes snotty) kiss. She doesn't talk much yet but when she says 'Ya-Ya' my heart just melts.

My Mum had wanted me to have kids for years. But I also think she was happy enough to have Cluck and her brothers to love. Mum thought she was an angel and would love to hear tales of what ever she had got up to that day. I feel so blessed that she had that too.

I feel so blessed to be a part of these fantastic kids lives. But it's not all roses. Cluck can be a diva if she doesn't get her own way and her 'tanties' are known all over town! But her cheeks are just so rosy and her legs and arms so chubby and when you pick her up and she wraps them around you tight in a big hug-well, you'd just about forgive her anything!

The best moments are still yet to come but I tell you when I look into her beautiful blue eyes, I just know everything is going to be all right. Everything's gonna be alright.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home